National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases
The National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK) embraces the concepts of corporate social responsibility (CSR) by establishing formal ethics and risk management programs; strict adherence to ethical behavior for human subjects; and other programs and policies that help mitigate any negative impact on society. Being "green" is an element of a socially responsible organization. Good stewardship of NIH’s monetary and environmental resources fulfills part of our responsibility to the community and the American public. The energy and environmental conservation training initiative adds another significant element to our CSR portfolio.
You can join the NIDDK Green Team by taking the online awareness training at www.nems.nih.gov.
- To maximize the number of employees who take the online NEMS training.
- To increase the number of energy saving practices implemented by NIDDK employees.
- To improve NIDDK employee morale by recognizing and rewarding employees who implement energy-saving measures that positively impact the organization.
- To enhance NIDDK liaison to the NIH Environmental Management System.
NIDDK Green News
Previous DDK Green Hour Events:
Contact Walter Mitton for presentation materials
Paper Reduction Program:
Subscribe to e-Newsletters and save a tree
- NIH Calendar of Events (Yellow Sheet): Subscribe to the calendar to receive email reminders about NIH events. You can opt to have daily, weekly, or monthly email reminders about the events. Subscribe online at: http://calendar.nih.gov/app/MListSubcribe.aspx
- NIH Record Email Updates: Be the first to know when the Record’s fresh off the press! Subscribe to the new email list and receive alerts to the latest issue—plus top headlines—right on your desktop. To get these updates, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words “Subscribe NIHRECORD” in the message body, or just click on the link and follow the directions.
- NIH Telephone and Services Directory: Access the electronic online version of the NIH Telephone and Service Directory (the white book) at eTSD. Everything you found in the printed version is here. The eTSD is an important resource for employees, new staff members, and visitors since it provides immediate and easy access to pertinent information on basic topics. Moreover, the electronic version can be updated more frequently than the hardcopy version, which is printed semi-annually.
- NIH News in Health: Subscribe to this excellent resource of health information at: http://newsinhealth.nih.gov/about.htm#subscribe
- NIH Other NIH Newsletters: Subscribe to this myriad of NIH newsletters at: http://www.nih.gov/newsletters.htm
- NIH Podcasts: NIH Podcasts are available at: http://www.nih.gov/podcasts.htm
- NIDDK Newsletters Click on the orange icon "E-News" on the NIDDK homepage to access subscriptions to the disease oriented E-Newsletter.