Guiding Principles (GPs)
The Federal Leadership in High Performance and Sustainable Buildings Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)
Committed signatories to leadership in implementing common strategies for planning, acquiring, siting, designing, building, operating, and maintaining high performance and sustainable buildings.
• Established common set of Guiding Principles (GPs)
Table 1 – Guiding Principles Outline
• HHS signed the MOU on January 24,2006
• All new project starts after this date must comply
• Comprised of 5 Major categories/21 sub categories
• Covers all major areas of building construction and renovations
• Reduce the total ownership cost of facilities;
• Improve energy efficiency and water conservation;
• Provide safe, healthy, and productive built environments;
• Promote sustainable environmental stewardship.
This content is intended as a reference only. You should refer to the full text of Guiding Principles for more details (FULL TEXT)